Resume and Application
- Better to apply as soon as possible (accepting on a rolling-basis) with a referral
- Highlight areas where you achieved impact, utilized data or numbers to make decisions, and managed cross-functional stakeholders or worked with large groups of people to drive consensus towards an ultimate goal
- Corresponding to FB principles (impact oriented, data driven, fast moving)
The interview process can take 1 month (3 weeks is the shortest based on current info)
Stage 1: Phone screen with recruiter
- Behavioural and situational questions; might follow up with a basic product sense question.
Stage 2: 2 X 45-min interviews with PMs
- One is about product sense/design and the other is about product execution. The questions are open-ended and probe into how one thinks about understanding users, features, technologies, and their vision for building things.
- How would you define and measure success for XYZ
- Diagnostic questions: You walk into the office and see a 10% drop in DAU of ABC product. What do you do? (They’re looking for whether you’re able to narrow down to the root cause of the problem)
- Trade-off questions: You worked on product XYZ and saw a 10% lift on your top-line metric. However, there was a corresponding decrease of 5% on ABC product. What do you do?
Stage 3: 3 X 45-min onsite interviews
The onsite interview has 3 main interviewers and 3 shadow interviewers. The specific interviews onsite are covering (1) product sense (2) product execution (3) leadership & drive
- How would you use groups to promote an event?
- What's a project you're proud of?
- What feature do you like about Facebook? How would you improve it?
- How would you build Facebook for blind people?
Other Company Info
To give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what's going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Focus on impactIf we want to have the biggest impact, the best way to do this is to make sure we always focus on solving the most important problems.
Move fastWe have a saying: 'Move fast and break things.' The idea is that if you never break anything, you're probably not moving fast enough.
Be boldWe encourage everyone to make bold decisions, even if that means being wrong some of the time.
Be openWe believe that a more open world is a better world because people with more information can make better decisions and have a greater impact.
Build social valueWe expect everyone at Facebook to focus every day on how to build real value for the world in everything that they do.
- Resources for PM preparation (credit to Aditya)
- Advice from current RPMs9